Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY:Ways to upcycle candle jars!

Hi Peeps!

I really haven't been on in awhile! For that I apologize. But there was finals, and then I went home for a bit and I'm just amazing at procrastinating anyways, so you know, just a lot of (lame) excuses for my absence. But for my "grand" return I thought I'd do some arts and craft and show you three ways I have reused old candle jars.

This pass year, I discovered I have an unrequited love for candles. Use to just hate them and see them as pointless when I was younger, but now as an adult, I'm hooked. But now that I 've been buying them more regularly, it leaves me with an uncanny amount of jars once I've used them all up. Probably the reason behind me not being a fan of them when I was younger. What do you do with them?! Of course you can ( and should) recycle them if you wish. But sometimes the jars are just so pretty ( or at least they are if you buy them Bath & Body Works, my heaven on earth) that you feel guilty. Or at least I do! So I've found three ways to reuse them and give them new life. Who knows, I may figure out more in the future, since I see no sign of me stopping from buying them!

1. Tea Bag ( or jewelry, etc.) Jar

 So simple and makes your kitchen and/or the stuff you're storing look really cute! You can even go one step further and label the jar. I just used a colored permanent marker then painted clear nail polish over it to set it. But you can use paint, stickers or whatever! I've also used some of my other jars to store other like hair bows, bracelets and earrings. You can store pretty much anything!


2. Makeup Brush Holders
Once again, super simple and a great way to organize. Currently, mine our pretty blah, so what I plan to do is to stick some decorative sand or gravel or rocks and maybe even some glitter to make them not only look a bit more colorful but to also help stabilize the brushes. That way they aren't moving around  all willy nilly. Much neater and cuter!



3. Fairy/Dragon Fly  Jars
Lastly, I've used some of my jars to make these really pretty fairy/dragon fly jars. Basically, you just take some glow-in-the-dark paint ( I got mine from Wal-Mart), a paint brush or stick like tool and your jars. I just used the end of a pen, dipped it in the color I wanted and dotted it haphazardly around the jar. I had to  go over with each color twice since they dry pretty translucently, but once done they look really cool. Unfortunately, my camera is unable to get a decent picture of them in the dark, but just know that they are really awesome decorations both in the day and the night.



So there you have it! We've got recycling, DIY and organization ideas all in one post. Try some of these out if you're stumped about what to do with any old jars, whether they're candle ones or not. Hope you enjoyed!

Over and Meowt
Marli J

No comments:

Post a Comment