Saturday, May 17, 2014

Backstreets Back, alright?!

Hi peeps!

Last night, the dream I've had since the 90's came true. I, along with my older sister Bryn and roommate/Best friend Holly, went and saw the one, the only, The Backstreet Boys in all their synchronized dancing, unforgettable songs, Nick Carter gyrating glory. And. It. Was. AWESOME.

You're welcome, 7 year old me!

Here's how the day went. After getting ready all afternoon ( okay not all afternoon), Bryn and I went for a quick supper on the University Campus where I'm currently living. We then hopped on the train and went downtown to meet Holly after she was done work. We then hopped on the train again to go to the concert venue. After having our tickets scanned, walking through a metal detector and having our purses searched ( my guy told me "looks like you're clean! No crack!", which just made me giggle) we found our seats. We had just enough time for a couple group selfies ( one of which is below) and then it was time for the opening act.
(L-R) Bryn ( outfit: pregnancy top and pants fr. Babies R Us since she is preggers with my first niece or nephew!!!, and comfortable shoes) Myself ( outfit: basic tank top from H&M, high waisted skinnies from Sirens and combat style boots from Walmart. Yes, Walmart) and Holly ( Outfit: Cardigan from H&M, lace tank top and plain white tank top from Sirens, blue pants from H&M and flats from Ardene's
 
 
The opening act was Victoria Duffield, a resident Canadian. Though I only know a couple of her songs ( Bryn and Holly were clueless as to who she was all together), I do have to say she is a very talented young lady. Crazy good at dancing. Which, speaking of dancing ( smooth transition there!), her dancers were crazy hot. And good at dancing. But mainly hot.
 
 
Then it was time to wait for the main event. I was so excited to see all five of them back, as Kevin was not with them for a few years and did not go on their last tour. It was time to play the waiting game....
 
 
Then it was here! They were here, in front of my very eyes. Can I just take a moment and say how well each of the boys are looking still!? I think they've actually gotten better with age. Well that, and the 90's fashion/hair was just...interesting. To say the least. They can still dance like it's no one's business and effectively reminded me how much I love men dancing in synchronization. And gyrating. Thanks for that Nick and AJ. I would have been lost without you!
 
 
They played a lot of their old classics, like I want it that way, Larger than Life and Shape of my Heart. Those really took me back to the days when I was in the basement back home, dancing around, singing and goofing off with my older siblings. We owned that shizz nizz! But they also included some new stuff, which I really enjoyed, not only because it was catchy but because they were playing instruments as well! Nick with a guitar and Kevin on keyboard!? Be still my beating heart! And they also showed off all their tattoos, and in Brian's case, took off his shirt and showed us his body. Alls I can do is ask him, "Are you a beaver? Cuz DAYUM!". Looking good for his age!
 










 
 
Obviously, I took way more pictures than this, but you'd be here all day! And I took a ton of videos too, but not at all too surprising ( but definitely embarrassing), I'm singing like a tone deaf cow in the background of them. Whatever, it was worth it! I got to see the men who sang the songs of my childhood perform and I got to do it with two of my favorite ladies! What more could I ask for?
 
As well, aside from seeing this band, I also very happy for my older sister to have the chance to see them. She is the whole reason I know about them and is an even bigger fan than me, so to share that moment with her is really special and I will never forget it.
 
 I will just say, I'm surprised that I still have a voice today, since I was screaming and singing my heart out last night. Hopefully this is a good sign for when I go to see One Direction ( with their opening act 5 Seconds of Summer! The most perfect concert if there ever was one) in August. I may pass out at that one!
 
Have a good long weekend for anyone who is Canadian! Mine sure had a great start!
 
Over and Meowt
Marli J




No comments:

Post a Comment