Saturday, March 8, 2014

Happy International Women's Day!!

Hi peeps!

So today is International Women's Day ( even though my Google homepage told me it was yesterday; Way to confuse me Google!) and to celebrate that, I thought I do a list of the ten women who inspire me the most. They range from Actresses to Novelists, from Musicians to fictional characters and everything in between! So let's get start, shall we?

#1. Audrey Hepburn
This woman is just incredible all around. Not only is she talented, gorgeous and in two of my favorite classic movies (Roman Holiday and of course, Breakfast at Tiffany's) but she also a stellar human being.  She grew up during World War II, a time when being a child probably wasn't the greatest. But she didn't let that stop her. She was an integral member/supporter of UNICEF, helping people in places like El Salvador and Vietnam, just to name a few. She fought cancer of the appendix before it ultimately took her life. She was  just a lovely and strong women all in all. Kind of the Angelina Jolie before Angelina Jolie. Kind of. Sort of . Okay, just to me. (Honorable Mention: Ingrid Bergman)
 
#2 Jennifer Lawrence
 
If Audrey Hepburn is my inspirational Classic Movie Actress (CMA), then Jennifer Lawrence has to be my inspirational Current Actress (CA). This girl is so young, yet insanely successful and  talented. But why I mainly love her is that she is so down to earth, funny and sassy. She is such a great role model or advocate for young girls because she doesn't let the stereotypes of Hollywood or the perceptions of society be the truth. She has talk about body image and how being beautiful should not be based solely on your dress size. Plus, watching interviews of this girl can always put a smile on my face, as it does for many people, and what can be more inspiring than making people be happy? whether that is about who they are or what their situation is. (Honorable Mention: Emma Watson)

#3 Jane Austen
She has not only written some of the greatest love stories in the history of ever, but she also is one of the first female authors in the history of ever. In a man ruled world ( that is still quite the case today), Jane went against the grain and ultimately came out on top after pursuing her dreams. She was creative, independent and determined. Sounds pretty good to me! (Honorable Mention: Emily Bronte)

#4 J.K Rowling
This, ladies and gents, is the greatest female author of current day. If you don't know ( and have somehow been living under a rock) she is the genius mind that brought us Harry Potter, a magic book series that teaches us love, friendships and believing in yourself are some the most important things in the world. Aside from the fact that she is the most organized and detail author out there, I also find her inspirational because before she wrote the books, she was not in the greatest state financially and was a single mother. After writing the books, she was a millionaire and could do anything she wanted with the money. And do you know what that is? She donated so much money that she lost her millionaire status! For her to be so selfless and down to earth to do that, just kudos Ms. Rowling, kudos! (Honorable Mention: Susan Collins)

#5 Zoella (Zoe Sugg)
Aside from the fact that she is the reason I now have the confidence to rock lipstick, Zoella a.k.a Zoe Sugg is also one of the reasons I have a little more confidence in general as well. A successful blogger turned successful YouTuber, Zoe talks not only about beauty items, but also about anxiety disorder, being positive and saying "yes" to more things. Now she is literally the voice in my head telling me to brave in social situations or when I just feel a little overwhelmed with anxiety. Plus, isn't she just adorable? (Honorable Mentions: Tanya Burr, SprinkleofGlitter, Beauty Crush and ASL Anissa)

#6 Little Mix
Pretty much since the Spice Girls, there hasn't been a girl group that I liked. That is until Little Mix. Unlike with the Spice Girls where I only liked their music and one member ( Baby Spice!!!), with Little Mix I love every single girl, every single song and every single performance. Perrie, Jade, Leigh Anne and Jesy ( L-R for the picture above) are just sweet, funny, talented, hardworking and beautiful young woman. Not only do their songs give female empowerment and make your want to boogey, but they also hold uplifting messages for both young girls and ladies. I cry every time I listen to "Little Me" because it feels as if they are singing about my own life. And it feels like that to me, how many other girls does it feel the same for? I could literally go on about how much I love this band ( and perhaps I will in a future post) but for now I leave it at this.

#7 Princess Merida ( Brave)
I appear to have a liking for all the ginger (no hate) princesses. My favorites include Ariel, Anna and of course, Merida. She is one  of the only Disney Princesses that shows you don't need a man to make you happy or successful; you just need to love and believe in yourself ( Note: Elsa is similar but for the sake of this post she is a Queen, so she is the only Disney Queen who shows this). Merida is also Scottish, which I am too on my Mum's side, so she is even more BA to me. Of course, Merida may one day find a man that she loves, but first she has to find out she is herself before she can add an other person to mix. Also, her hair is just representing for all us Curly Sues out there! (Honorable mentions: Mulan, Princess Anna and  Nani from  Lilo and Stitch)

#8 Daenerys Targaryen/ Khaleesi
Two Words: Bad Ass. Seriously, Dany needs to be the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She shows us that girls can rule just as good as boys and pull through pretty much any trouble that comes our way. Just, flawless ( Honorable Mentions: Arya Stark, Hermione Granger and Katniss Everdeen)

#9 My Mum
There are not enough adjectives in the world to describe the type of woman my Mum is to me, not  enough time in the world to describe how she inspires me. This woman has all the love in the world in her heart, the work ethic of 100 people, the brains of Einstein and beauty that no model in the world can touch. She has loved me from the moment I was born, even when I wasn't a very lovable person, has raised and taught me to be a better person, to always go my dreams and to love myself. I would be nothing without her. I love her.
Honorable Mentions: My Grandmothers
These woman went through the depression, raised families, worked on the farms and were so beautiful inside and out. I wish I could still be with them today.

  #10 Me, myself and I
Now before you all think I'm extremely vain, hold up one stinkin' second. I put myself on my list of woman who inspire me because I think all woman should include themselves on their own personal list. I have grown and done things I never even dreamed of doing when I was younger and I'm learning and changing everyday. So I guess, my current and Future selves are inspirational to me because they'll keep surprising me with what I am capable of doing. Even it's just the smallest things.

So there it is, my top ten inspirational women. I hope you enjoyed. Make one for yourself. And definitely include yourself on it, because you certainly deserve a spot there. Each and every woman is an inspiration in their own right.

Over and Meowt!
Marli J

No comments:

Post a Comment